Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Childhood in Ramadhan


I started to learn fasting when I was 6 or 7 maybe. In one month, sometimes I am fasting and sometimes do not.  
 Everytime I am fasting I will being hungry when I was coming back from school.

"..Mom, may I eat now? I can't stand it anymore" . I begged. But my mother always said, " Be patient, dear. Now 2 o'clock already. Just 5 hours left. You better go to sleep ya.." My mom try to persuade me. Haha

To reduce hunger, I just go to sleep. Usually I will sleep until 5 o'clock. Then, to make the time running faster, my siblings and I going out and play with neighbour's children. We played happily. We laughed. We chased each other. Just like there's nothing happen even though my tummy never stop singing since coming back from school.haha.  When I was a child, I always played the game that Malays called it "Tuju Kasut". This game need you to run, make the tower of sandals and avoid the flying sandal that another one person trying to target to you. I love to run. Haha. 



At the same time, my mother was preparing the meal for our ''berbuka puasa" by herself.  My siblings and I played and played until dusk. As we know when the time getting dusk and dusk, the time to eat will be near. And Muslims called it Maghrib time. At this time Muslims will start eating after fasting for the whole day. It's about 7.20 to 7.35 pm o'clock. Usually several minutes before 7 pm, my father will call us to go back. When we heard my father, we rushed to go back. Yess, time to eat!! hehe. But before eat, we need to bath first. I bathed quickly and get ready at the dining hall. Haha so funny.



The first thing that we do after the time calling to eat is DRINK. Haha drink until we feel satisfied. Then, eating mother's cooking until full. When the tummy is getting bigger, we stop eating and go to watch TV for a while. Waiting until mom and dad calling for prayer.Haha..

After done of Maghrib prayer, we prepared for going out again. Do you know, what we are going to do? Haha we going to play fireworks. Again with our beloved neighbour's child. Again my mother left alone. Usually my father will go to mosque after Maghrib to make the Terawikh Prayer. This prayer is only have in Ramadhan . Sometimes when the stock of fireworks running out, we will play 'seek and hide' game.Haha seek and hide in the dark. Are you crazy?? haha but we were still played it. But in this situation, we will divided into a pair for safety.haha. Our parents actually never know it. And then, we walking from house to house to see the colourful light. Ah my childhood was so fantastic! Then we go back. Haha we need to go back before my father returned from the mosque.

Ok then, guess what we are going to do afterwards? 

Yes definitely!! 

We continue eating. Haha. Eating while wacthing TV. Wacthing until fall asleep. My mom ask to go to sleep early so that tomorrow will wake up easily for 'sahur'. Hehe. Sahur is eating before dawn. To give the energy so that we could fasting for the another day. Ha, this eating time is so hard. We need to fight sleepy and go for eat. Sometimes could sleep while eating. hehe. ok then after 'sahur' we make the Niat Puasa together. My father always make sure that we all have make the intentions to fasting for tomorrow. After that, we do the Subuh prayer and prepare for going to school. 

If we are not fasting, we are not allowed to eat together with fasting people. 

One day, I am not fasting. When they are eating I've not allowed to seat together with them. I am still can eat but I need to eat alone. Not on the table. But on the floor and for sure on a mat. hahaha. It's not a punishment actually. It's just a lesson for me to fasting. Because fasting is compulsary for us as a Muslim.

Then one more happiest thing is, if we are able to fasting in the whole month, we will be given  the money or 'duit raya' from dad. My father promised to give us RM 1 for one day fasting. If 30 days fasting, so we will get RM 30. huhu. So, it makes us happy to fasting.
 ~ will be continue..for Hari Raya story ~



*footnote : Sorry If there's a lot of grammar mistake in this story. I just want to try write in English. Any comment please drop by here.TQ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Popular Posts